Solar Home System Solution
integrated Pay-as-you-go functionality.


  • Over 2 billion people around the world live off the reliable electric grid.
  • Only 30% of the population has access to grid electricity in Ethiopia (WorldBank data, 2018) and remaining 70% use alternative source of energy including wood, candles, kerosene lamps.
  • The Government of Ethiopia has launched an ambitious plan to achieve universal electrification by 2025.
  • Off-grid connections of 5.7 million households or an average of 800,000 new connections per year through off-grid renewable solutions by 2025.
  • a shortage of solar lighting products is the most significant challenge facing the Government’s ambition of universal electrification.

    Highlight is in the process of importing and distributing solar home solution to the Ethiopian market.